Oldest news from OFSET
- 28 october 2001
- New versions of our star products
GCompris 0.9.2 and
Dr.Genius 0.5.15 have
been released recently. Feed back on these products is well come.
- 18 august 2001
- A section
- 6 august 2001
- DrGenius release 0.5.12, check its
- 12 may 2001
- OFSET becomes an official associate organisation of
the FSF Europe ( http://www.fsfeurope.org ).
- 29 april 2001
- Here is a report of the free course on free
software organized in February and March 2001 by several organizations
( http://www.tamarapatino.com/servicios/cursogratuito/2/repfin.shtml ).
- 14 april 2001
- The transition between the old freeduc catalog and
the new one is completed. A lot of new entries has been added as well.
We will now turn our focus toward Debian and debian packaging for these
software with a close cooperation with Debian working group as Debian-Jr.
- 13 march 2001
- We have been very quiet recently. The good news
is that we worked hard. New
Gcompris software for
kids is available as well as version 0.5.11 of
Dr. Genius, our
interactive geometry software.
In the Freeduc department we have
worked hard on the new catalog system. The big differences are the
multi-versions and multi-dependences as well the certification system
to ensure each entry is a free software and only depends on free
software. The new Freeduc catalog is at
( http://www.ofset.org/freeduc ), the old one is accessible
and we will work on the transition of the database as well the
- 26 january 2001
- To promote cooperation and freedom, the values
of free software and to ease the installation of GNU/Linux in
Colombian schools, several organizations have joined to offer in
February and March 2001 a second free course on the usage,
installation and administration of GNU/Linux networks in schools. More
( http://www.tamarapatino.com/servicios/cursogratuito/2/anuncio-en.shtml ).
- 14 december 2000
- Dr. Genius 0.5.10 is out! It comes with a new
multi-level undo/redo system on geometric figure. Check out it there:
( http://ofset.sourceforge.net/drgenius ).
- 4 december 2000
- Guillaume Allegre, the leader of the french
education group of the Guilde -
( http://www.guilde.asso.fr/guilde/groupes/education/ )
- has translated the Freeduc FAQ in French. Thanks you Guillaume!!
( http://www.ofset.org/projects/edusoft/faq-fr.html ).
- 3 december 2000
- Dr.Geo and Dr.Genius have been removed from the
Seul/Edu project. As we disagree with the Seul/Edu position regarding
the promotion of proprietary port on a GNU system, we think
inappropriate to host our development projects at their place. The new
place are actually ( http://ofset.sourceforge.net/drgeo ) and
( http://ofset.sourceforge.net/drgenius ).
- 30 november 2000
- The Freeduc database has now a graph system to
help evaluator and packager to pick up a software to work on.
( http://www.ofset.org/freeduc/listScore.php ).
- 14 october 2000
- Christophe Merlet is working in rpm macros for
different package to be used in Freeduc. You can check it there
( http://christophe.merlet.free.fr/GNU-Linux/RPMs/ ) and help
testing them. More on Freeduc
( http://www.ofset.org/projects/edusoft/edusoft.html ).
- 27 september 2000
- New loyout of the OFSET web site. Thanks to
Frédéric Toussaint for
the design. You can visit his web sites about graphics with GNU/Linux ( http://www.blender-cafe.org ) , ( http://www.linuxgraphic.org ).
- 15 september 2000
- New page: free software wish list, check
- 10 September 2000
- OFSET is now open to
memberships. We do hope for a lot of you to join in the important task
of education and free software.
- 27 August 2000
- New German and Swedish locales for
- 23 August 2000
- Dr. Genius 0.5.9 released. This
release brings interesting features in the user interface. More information at
the Dr. Genius
- 5 August
is officially open for contributions.
- 2 August 2000
- Freeduc, the support database for the
project is in test cycle
( http://www.ofset.org/freeduc/ ). You are invited to comments
and suggestions during the cycle. You may also refer to
FAQ. Do not hesitate to
- 5-9 July 2000
- OFSET was present at the LSM 2000. Following the education track
we worked on the first specification of a free library
- 4 July 2000
- Hilaire Fernandes released a tutorial on Gnome
programming with Python. Available with the July
issue of Linux Focus magazine.